KNOWLEDGE - A Biblical Foundation for Ministry
Through lecture style teaching, small group discussions, workshops, assigned reading and Bible studies you will study a wide variety of topics to develop greater understanding of God, His word and the world He created. Practical workshops will provide you with tools for missions and ministry. These will be facilitated by experienced teachers and missionaries.
COMMUNITY - Living cross culturally
You will be living as part of a community of different nationalities, age and experience. You will get to know different cultures and theological understanding as you work and study together. You will share a room with people from other countries and have opportunities to work in teams, learn about people and support and challenge one another.
MENTORING - Developing as a person
One on one mentoring plays a key role in helping you develop and grow. You will be assigned an experienced missionary to walk with you through your time at MDT. Mentoring takes place once a week to give you an opportunity to share your concerns, struggles and joys as you walk this journey with God.
EXPERIENCE - Practical application and exposure
Britain’s large urban communities of immigrants from all over the world provide Britain’s large urban communities of immigrants from all over the world provide a unique setting to learn about a wide variety of cultures and ministry. Following your three month training, you will have opportunities to join a long-term team either in the UK or elsewhere in the world.
MDT UK is for you if...
- You have committed your life to Christ and desire to see lives transformed by the Gospel
- You have a desire to grow in your knowledge and experience of God
- You are committed to learning and serving
- You have been sent by your home Church
- You are willing to adjust and be flexible to different experiences and cultures
- You are a team player, willing to learn and grow alongside others
- You are willing to subscribe to the core values of OM
- You are willing to subscribe to 100% participation in the life of MDT
- You are willing to abide by the guidelines set out by OM UK and the leaders of MDT
- You possess intermediate English language skills (for conversation, reading, teaching comprehension and the writing of assignments)
- You have completed your education to GCSE level (or equivalent) or higher
- You are at least 18 years of age
- No previous missions experience needed